How to Set SMART Goals
A goal is a desired result that a person or group of people envisions, plans and commits to achieve. We’ve all got goals, some big and some small. Some personal, some career oriented. Whatever your goal is, think about it. Is it specific enough? What are the steps to achieve this goal? How are you going to measure success? I know this can seem daunting at first, but there is a way that you can set goals that are relevant and that you can accomplish and set out to achieve.
Set goals and actually reach them with the SMART method.
- What is the scope of the project?
- Why is needed?
- What metrics are you going to use to determine if you meet the goal?
- How are you going to quantify it?
- How to accomplish the goal if you have the tools/skills needed.
- If you don’t have the skills/tools, consider what it would take to attain them.
- Is it important for you
- Is it important for your business/career
- Target date
- Time frame
I want to make healthy eating and working out a lifelong habit.
I will plan meals and workouts weekly. I will cook and workout three times a week.
I will achieve this by committing myself and following my workout and meal plans.
This is important to me because I will feel healthier and will have more energy.
I will do this for one year.
I want to feel healthier and have more energy, I will accomplish this by making healthy eating and working out a lifelong habit. In 2019 I will plan meals and workouts weekly, will cook and workout three times a week.
A goal should scare you a little and excite you a lot.